Microblading & Powder Brow Aftercare
How do I look after microblading and Powder Brow what to use for microblading aftercare?
Proper aftercare following your microblading/powder brow procedure is necessary to achieve the best results. Keep in mind that in all cases, some unevenness of colour is to be expected. This is the purpose of the re-touch, or ‘top-up’ visit. Please review the following directions and refer to them as necessary. If during the healing process you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
You may experience the following for 72 hours following the microblading appointment:
- Dryness and itchiness in the treated area
- Swelling and redness
Daily care for two weeks after your microblading appointment:
- Always wash your hands before applying any aftercare healing balm. Apply a minimum of 2 times daily, using a cotton bud.
- Prevent cross-contamination of your healing balm by using a clean cotton bud for each application.
- I recommend using a gentle facial cleanser to clean the face during the healing period.
- Keep your hair away from your brows to prevent any infection.
- Some itching is normal. Do not pick, peel or scratch your brows as this will cause the colour to heal unevenly and you risk scarring and infection. Allow the wound to flake on its own.
- No makeup should be applied for at least 72 hours after the procedure and avoid wearing brow makeup for up 7-14 days.
Do not expose the healing skin to:
- direct sun,
- tanning beds,
- salt water,
- chlorinated pools,
- direct shower spray,
- hot water,
- skin creams or ointments other than what you have been instructed to use for two weeks following your procedure.
If the area gets wet, gently pat dry using clean tissue.
Your selected colour will be stronger and more sharply defined immediately after treatment but as the healing process occurs the colour will soften and lighten. It is possible to lose 50-85% of the colour after your first visit. On some occasions, a second top-up is required within 12 weeks of your first appointment, this is chargeable at £60.
Long Term Care
Use a good sunscreen. Sun exposure will fade your permanent cosmetics.
If you are planning a chemical peel, MRI scan or other medical procedure, please inform your doctor of your permanent cosmetics.
Please inform the National Blood Service if you donate blood, as you may not be eligible to give blood for a year post-procedure.
Book your microblading appointment
8.00am - 10.00 pm Monday - Sunday
Elizabeth Rose Brows ETC is pleased to be a member of ABT - Associated Beauty Therapists.